This Sweet Potato with Curry Baby Food Puree is a fun and exciting first puree for baby! Creamy, smooth and filled with a ton of essential nutrients for growing baby. Great baby food for 4+ months (stage 1 baby food).
Sweet Potato Baby Food Puree
This deliciously creamy baby food puree will take your little one on a fun culinary adventure✈️, without ever leaving their highchair!
Sweet potatoes are one of my all-time favorite vegetables to puree for baby! Not only do I find that most baby’s love their naturally sweet taste and creamy texture, but sweet potatoes are loaded with essential nutrients for a growing baby.
It’s a winning combo in my book🏆!
In this recipe, we are going to roast the sweet potatoes to bring out their natural caramely-earthy goodness before we add in a pinch of mild curry powder and blend to a super light and creamy consistency.
Don’t be afraid to eat this delicious puree right alongside baby 👩👧- it’s that good!
Reasons to Love sweet potato puree
- creamy and smooth
- great for 4+ months
- stage one baby food
- healthy – full of essential nutrients for baby
- easy to make – 5 minutes of hands-on time
- baby loves the sweet and earthy taste
- Sweet Potatoes: are at the top of the list when it comes to first foods to introduce to your baby. The nutritional value of sweet potatoes is outstanding! And the sweet taste of the sweet potato makes it super easy to introduce to your baby from their very first bite. Sweet potatoes are high in beta carotene as well as the ultra-important electrolyte mineral potassium! Sweet potatoes also contain good levels of Vitamin E, calcium and folate. Due to their high fiber content, sweet potatoes help support a healthy digestive tract and promote regular bowel movements for your baby. This recipe calls for 2 sweet potatoes, but you can easily use more or less depending on how much you want to make.
- Mild Curry Powder: we are kicking up the flavor profile with a fun mild curry powder to bring out the sweet potatoes earthiness. This is the curry powder I use in all of my baby food purees. You can skip the curry powder if you prefer.
- Wash the sweet potatoes while ignoring the fact that you probably need a manicure.
- Dry and prick sweet potatoes before popping them onto a baking sheet and into the oven to bake for 50-60 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork.
- Let cool.
- Peel away the sweet potato skin and discard.
- Place the sweet potato and curry into a blender or food processor and add liquid of your choice.
- Puree for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Serve or freeze for a later meal.
MORE BABY FOOD RECIPES
DID YOU MAKE THIS SWEET POTATO BABY FOOD PUREE?
I’D LOVE TO KNOW HOW IT TURNED OUT! LEAVE A COMMENT AND A ⭐️ RATING BELOW 👇
Sweet Potato + Curry Baby Food Puree
This Homemade Sweet Potato with Curry Baby Food Puree is a fun and exotic first puree for baby!
Servings: 24 ounces
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 tsp mild curry powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup water, breast milk, formual or sodium-free chicken stock
NEW TO MAKING PUREES?
THEN CHECK OF MY GUIDE ON WHICH KITCHEN TOOLS YOU ACTUALLY ARE GOING TO NEED TO MAKE THE CREAMIEST AND SMOOTHEST BABY PUREES. HINT, IT’S NOT MANY!
Original Post –
This is our second week of Mom Monday, you know recipes for our babies that are simple to make.
Recipes we can almost do in our sleep, or in most of our cases, recipes that we can do on very little sleep.
We have sweet potatoes with curry this week, or as I call it ‘sweetness with a kick’.
I made this puree at the same time as I made sweet potato fries for the rest of us. Happiness all around.